DKPTO is the official representative of Denmark acting on behalf of the Danish government in the various IP forums.
DKPTO's Policy and Legal Affairs Department is responsible for developing Denmark's IP policy on:
- Utility models
- Trade marks
DKPTO's role in Danish IP Policy is illustrated in the following
We are mandated to negotiate and make decisions in all matters related to these types of IP rights on behalf of the Danish government. This makes us Denmark's key player in IP policy making.
At the Policy and Legal Affairs Departement we work hard on improving the international IP systems through our active participation in the following forums:
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- European Patent Office (EPO)
- European Communities (EU)
- Office for Harmonization of the Internal Market (OHIM)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- B+ Working Group
- Nordic meetings
- Nordic Patent Institute (NPI)
We work with our colleagues in The Danish Ministry of Business and Growth, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, the Prime Minister's Office and external stakeholders on providing policy advice to the Danish ministers.
You can read more about Denmark's IP policy within selected policy areas in the menu bar to the left. Here you can also find contact details of the people involved from the Policy and Legal Affairs Department.
If you have any questions or if you would like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact Director of DKPTO's Policy and Legal Affairs Department, Mrs. Anne Rejnhold Jorgensen.
Nordic Patent Institute
NPI offers the following services:
- International Searching Authority and Preliminary Examination Authority under the PCT system for residents of the contracting states
- International Type Searches in connection with national patent applications
- Supplementary International Searches
- Searches for other patent authorities and private customers.
>> More information about NPI
Please contact our Customer Service Center on
Mon - Thursday 9H-16H (GMT+1).
Friday 9H-15H (GMT+1).
Tel: +45 4350 8301