- free access to more than 5 million trade marks
TMview is a searchable database on the Internet, where user free of charge can consult trade mark registers of the official Intellectual Property Offices.
A trade mark search using TMview is a potential solution to the thorny problem facing many would-be brand owners: How to find out if a trade mark is already taken.
Until now, to find out if a trade mark was registered in one of the countries of the European Union, separate searches would have had to be carried out in a number of databases, using different languages and different interfaces.
In the first phase of TMview, the databases of the European trade marks and designs registration office (OHIM), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the UK, Czech, Italian, Benelux, Portuguese, and Danish Intellectual Property Offices are being made available. Later this year, the data from eight other EU Offices is expected to join the project. TMview is in constant evolution and aims at being the future harmonised platform for searching the trade mark data of all 27 EU Member States in addition to the information available from OHIM and WIPO – in total some 8,5 million trade marks.
Nordic Patent Institute
NPI offers the following services:
- International Searching Authority and Preliminary Examination Authority under the PCT system for residents of the contracting states
- International Type Searches in connection with national patent applications
- Supplementary International Searches
- Searches for other patent authorities and private customers.
>> More information about NPI
Please contact our Customer Service Center on
Mon - Thursday 9H-16H (GMT+1).
Friday 9H-15H (GMT+1).
Tel: +45 4350 8301