We are the data controller - how do you contact us?
The Danish Patent and Trademark Office is data responsible for the processing of the personal data we have received about you. You will find our contact information below.
Danish Patent and Trademark Office
Helgeshøj Allé 81
Phone: (+45) 43 50 80 00
Contact information for the data protection officer
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: (+ 45) 33 92 33 50
- By letter: Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, att. Data protection officer, Slotsholmsgade 10-12, 1216 Copenhagen K
The purpose of and legal basis for the processing of your personal data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to fulfill the contract, we have with you or to enter into a contract with you.
- to conduct user surveys to improve our business service.
- to find errors in systems, keep statistics, perform audits, etc.
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data follows from:
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation article 6(1)(b).
- When conducting a user survey, compiling statistics, etc. processing take place according to The EU General Data Protection Regulation article 6(1)(f).
- When we process your CPR number (Civil Personal Registration number), processing takes place for the purpose of unique identification in accordance with the Data Protection Act, section 11(2)(3).
Categories of personal information
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Non-sensitive personal data in the form of identification information, including name, address, e-mail, telephone, and telephone number.
- We will also process your CPR number (Civil Personal Registration number), if you provide this, or if we obtain it ourselves in connection with debt collection.
Recipients or categories of recipients
We can disclose your non-sensitive personal information to the following recipients:
- Data processors who, on behalf of the Danish Patent and Trademark Office, process the above-mentioned non-sensitive personal data. The Danish Patent and Trademark Office has entered into data processor agreements with these.
- The Danish Tax Administration in connection with any debt collection.
- Others, when required by law, or to protect you, your safety, and your rights. We will notify you if we are required by law to disclose your personal information unless we are prevented from doing so because of a court decision or a statutory duty.
Where your personal information comes from
Your personal information comes from yourself and from databases in Denmark.
Storage of your personal information
We store your personal data for as long as necessary. We do this to comply with our legal obligations, relevant legislation, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our agreement. We retain the information for up to 10 years after the contract is completed.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
In special cases, you have the right to have personal data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure. You cannot have the data erased if it is necessary to fulfill the purposes of the Danish Patent and Trademark Office's processing of it, or if the erasure would be contrary to the Danish Patent and Trademark Office's obligations under applicable law.
Right to restriction of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
Complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.