We are the data controller - how do you contact us?
The Danish Patent and Trademark Office is data responsible for the processing of the personal data we have received about you. You will find our contact information below.
Danish Patent and Trademark Office
Helgeshøj Allé 81
Phone: (+45) 43 50 80 00
Contact information for the data protection officer
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By phone: (+ 45) 33 92 33 50
- By letter: Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, att. Data protection officer, Slotsholmsgade 10-12, 1216 Copenhagen K
The purpose of and legal basis for the processing of your personal data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To handle electronic fee collection, including ensuring the registration of timely payment in order to maintain an IP-right.
- To handle electronic payments and create an overview of transactions in connection with a created PVS account.
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data follows from:
Handling of fees:
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation article 6(1)(e).
- The Danish Patents Act (Consolidate Act no. 90 of January 29, 2019).
- The Danish Design Act (Consolidate Act no. 89 of 29 January 2019).
- The Danish Trademarks Act (Consolidate Act no. 88 of 29 January 2019).
- The Danish Act on utility models (Consolidate Act no. 91 of 29 January 2019).
Management of a PVS account:
- The EU General Data Protection Regulation article 6(1)(b).
Categories of personal information
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Non-sensitive personal information in the form of identification information, including e.g. name, address, e-mail, telephone number and case number.
- If you use login in the system, we also process user ID and password.
- Payment card information and account information at the Danish Patent- and Trademark Office.
Recipients or categories of recipients
We can disclose your non-sensitive personal information to the following recipients:
The Danish Patent and Trademark Office uses IT suppliers and service providers for the development, operation, and maintenance of IT systems. Some of these IT suppliers are data processors and therefore process the above-mentioned personal data on our behalf. The Danish Patent and Trademark Office has entered into data processor agreements with these suppliers and service providers.
Where your personal information comes from
Your personal information is submitted by you and is collected from our databases.
Storage of your personal information
At this time, we cannot say how long we will keep your personal data. However, we can inform you that we will emphasize the Danish Patent- and Trademark office objective need for storage of the information, including the need to ensure that we can reconstruct lost data or correct errors in data. If you use login in PVS pay, your login information including user-ID, e-mail and password will be stored until you send a request to have it deleted.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
Right to rectification (correction)
You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
Right to erasure
In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
Right to restriction of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right to transmit data (data portability)
In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
Complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.